Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Sad goodbye

Well, yesterday we said a sad goodbye to our first goat,the myotonic one,Goeffrey. He has been sick for about 2 weeks and although we thought he was getting better he took a turn for the worst.
It was a learning experience in goat behavior as we watched the other 3 goats during Geoffrey's illness. They were very concerned and "checked on him" often. Yesterday after he was gone they were looking for him and even looked at the place where he was laying down and died.
H is doing very well considering he was her b-day present a few years back.She has been stronger then A and myself. Yesterday was definitely one of those days I hated being the grown up in having to make the decisions about the goat.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard to see an animal die. I'm sorry that you had to go through that. But, I guess everything has to die sooner or later. I'm glad that H is taking it so well. She's growing up so fast. :) I was a Sr. in High School when my first cat died. She had cancer and was in a lot of pain, we put her to sleep. I cried.
Lord willing the losses you suffer in this life will be few.
Have a good night,
Marie :)

Followers